The Java section has some helper code for Java programmers. It's Public Domain: enjoy!
- Base64 is a Public Domain Java class for encoding and decoding Base64 notation. There are one-liner convenience methods as well as Input and Output Streams. Satisfying a void in the Java libraries since 2001—over 189,000 downloads!
- FileDrop is a Java tool to make it easy to drag and drop files from your computer's OS into a Java program. With just a few lines of code you can receive an array of files (java.io.File) describing the files that the user just dropped. Over 18,000 downloads!
- Xmlizable is a set of Public Domain Java tools for Xmlizing, like Serializing, Java objects. There is built-in support for parsing and rebuilding basic Java data structures such as java.util.Collections and java.util.Maps. There is also an Xmlizable interface for making your own objects Xmlizable to and from XML via SAX2 events.
- Simple Servers is a set of Public Domain Java classes to help embedding network servers in your code. They are thread-safe and robust and well-suited to either GUI or command line applications.
Mac OS X
The Mac OS X section has some helper code for programmers using Apple's BSD Unix-based operating system.
- Instructions on how to share a Windows printer with Mac OS X, with the example of setting up an HP DeskJet 722c printer on a Windows XP computer and making your Mac OS X computer think it's a networked, Postscript printer.
- ImageSnap is a command-line tool that lets you capture still images from an iSight or other video source. You might remember Axel Bauer's original isightcapture tool (that is no longer supported but still works on most systems). With ImageSnap I hope we'll be able to move forward and add features, adapt to the ever-changing Apple architectures, etc.
- Locateme is a command-line tool that lets you find your location (latitude, longitude, etc) with Apple's geolocation services.
- pam_notifo is a Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) for sending notifications to Notifo.com.
- ABFind is a command line tool for searching your Address Book.
- ThreadWorker is an Objective-C class whose sole class-level method makes it easy to offload a task to another thread and notify your application when you've completed the task. Creating Multithreaded applications with Objective-C in Mac OS X's Cocoa framework is easier than raw C code, but there are still some difficulties that ThreadWorker will help you overcome.
- Address Book Scrubber will scour Mac OS X's Address Book data correcting some common problems. Specifically it can format 10-digit phone numbers in eirther a (999) 555-1212 or 999-555-1212 format. Additionally it will correct some common mistakes with labels such as 'hOme' vs. 'home' as well as some more subtle errors that can cause synching with an iPod or Palm to show no contact data on those devices.
- XMLTree provides an Objective-C wrapper for Apple's own C-language XML parser provided in Mac OS X. I much prefer working with Objective-C, so I was bothered to learn Apple didn't provide an Objective-C API (and if they do I'll be happy to label XMLTree obsolete).
OpenTS is a Java framework for building the popular Tabu Search meta-heuristic for solving a variety of problems such as the Traveling Salesman and Assignment Problems.
You can contact me through this link. If you found an old email address for firstname.lastname@example.org, that was me a long time ago. Contact me here.